Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP commands
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
I am new to QTP.
Iam working on an assignment.
Requirement is as mentioned below

Develop a consolidated test named “consolidated_Test” in Standard mode that has the steps from invoking the application to exiting after inserting the order.
•Split the consolidated script into the following actions
Action1
Action2
Action3
Action4
•Make all the above split actions re-usable
Insert a call to a New Action named “test_action” in the Test and write commands that can individually execute all the above split actions

Iam able to create above actions. But I want to know what is the meaning of the statement : Insert a call to a New Action named “test_action” in the Test and write commands that can individually execute all the above split actions

How to write commands in QTP to execute the actions?

I know to create/execute actions through "Menu" options and clicking on icons.But I am not aware of writing commands manually for the same

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ullas
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi

you are having Action1 as "consolidated_Test"...Now all the script is in Action 1 as u said.

Now divide that script into one more action by name "test_action".you can divide by using insert-->call to new action
Once u click on "call to new action" u will have 2 options after current step r At the end of the step... for your assignment u can select after the current step.

For ex: Login into application do some Operations(like insert a record or update...) and logout.
Here all the script will be in one action... place the cursor on the particular step and do call to new action then the script will cm to action 2.
If u want action2 as reusable action u can select the reusable check box.if not u can uncheck it. if ur using QTP 11 by default u will have the check box as checked.

Here in ur assignment commands means nthng but just make enchacments to ur script if needed.
For Ex: Once u login logout link will be avaiable u can Place a if condition like logout link exit login success... this is just an example

Hope u got sm idea now....if any issues let me know...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP List of Functions and Commands rpc86 4 10,769 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Last Post: deepaksporty
  QTP execute REST XML Commands neerukonda9 0 3,043 11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: neerukonda9
  Unix commands stevol 4 5,522 07-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Last Post: stevol
  Commands for writting interactive script... newqtp 1 3,504 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur