Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP does not identify element ?
Not Solved
Hello !

I am facing a problem with QTP : I am going through a big arborescence. To do so, I go through all elements by changing dynamically the "html id" which is unique. However, it somehow stopped and I checked it manually, and here's what I have :

- the process of taking the id works well (I've checked it)
- I have stopped the run and opened my repository : I take the "html id" directly from the web page

--> So now, I have all I need to identify the element BUT when I try to highlight the element on the web application, nothing is highlighted (but it does when I inspect the element with the navigator) but no message from QTP tells me that the object does not exist or something like that either. When I try with previous element from, it is highlighted, so it's not a problem of the web element type...

Do you know what that problem could be ?

Thanks
Not Solved
Probably Smart Identification is Enabled and hence showing you confusing results.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
I am sure it does not come from that : I had this problem a while ago. Since then, I define all my new test objects by hand, choosing my own properties to identify the object. By the way, defining myself my own test objects make the smart identification disabled (it is on "False", but even if I wanted to change it, I couldn't).

But I just found something interesting : when identifying a unique object, when we want to add new properties, those ones are already filled with the correct value. So I checked it and it is filled with the properties of an other element later in the arborescence I am going through. However, it doesn't have the same "html id" at all ! So, I tried to take this element "html id" and the same thing happens : its other properties have an other element properties (well, after 2 times, it goes on an element I have already been through...).

Really weird...