Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP for .Net Application
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Guys! I have been working with qtp for the last 1 year. This is web based java application.
Now I got another job. Their application is on .Net
Will it be very different then What i am doing in my current project?
Yes, different for the objects and QTP not for you. You will still be an automation engineer and can use the same framework Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks buddy
Do you need any plug in for .Net application?
Do you have some sample code (Descriptive) wrote for .Net application?
Yes. QTP needs a .Net Plugin.
Also, it depends upon the type of objects as .Net is a very vast programming domain. If they have used any 3rd party interface to aid their .Net development then you may have to look for a addin accordingly.
For eg: Infragistics has TestAdvantage Add-in for their NetAdvantage Dev pack.

I have worked on few .Net based apps where QTP crashed repeatedly and there were no add-ins which were available. I finally figured that it was QTP issue and moved over to TestComplete.

So, It would depend until you perform a POC and then you will be aware of the issues.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
It will be the same just the objects will be changed as the interface changes. If it is .net based web application it will be same as web application
Awesome !!

Thanks basanth27 and everybody

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dot net application ch_rk2004 2 3,104 05-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: ch_rk2004
  Need Stingray addin for .net application QTpier 1 3,789 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Handling .NET framework menu in webpage using QTP 10 vishnu1067 0 2,210 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Last Post: vishnu1067
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,526 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  QTP Automation testing steps for .net web applications? Ramadas 0 2,194 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Ramadas