Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP hangs on handling error window
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
My Requirement: When i click on a button in a dialog box, a window should come where as i need to click on OK button. Below is the code
Code:
JavaWindow("My Teamcenter - Teamcenter").JavaWindow("My Teamcenter_Newdesign").JavaDialog("Remote Export Options").JavaTab("JTabbedPane").Select "Advanced"
JavaWindow("My Teamcenter - Teamcenter").JavaWindow("My Teamcenter_Newdesign").JavaDialog("Remote Export Options").Activate              
JavaWindow("My Teamcenter - Teamcenter").JavaWindow("My Teamcenter_Newdesign").JavaDialog("Remote Export Options").JavaButton("<<").click
' For loop to handle the window which occurs multiple times
Set objUnableWdw = JavaWindow("My Teamcenter - Teamcenter").JavaWindow("Shell").JavaWindow("Unable To Include Relation")
For i=0 to 10

If objUnableWdw.Exist(2) Then
    objUnableWdw.Activate
    objUnableWdw.JavaButton("OK").Click
else
    Exit For
End If

'**********************

In the above code, when I click on "<<" button, QTP gets hanged. If I handle that error window manually, the issue not happening.
Please advise how to handle this
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Do not use the For Loop. Instead use the below code per the instructions i have written below,
Code:
Set fso = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
While fso.AppActivate("Your Window Name") = FALSE
wscript.sleep 1000
Wend
fso.SendKeys "a", True

fso.SendKeys "N", True

wscript.sleep 7000

While fso.AppActivate ("Your Window Name") = FALSE
wscript.sleep 1000
Wend

fso.SendKeys "N", True

How to use:
1. Save the above code as dialoghandler.vbs on your c:\ drive.
2. Be sure to modify the code to replace the window title or name.
3. Replace the appropriate keystrokes you need to send for the dialog. [ for eg :you may need to press "Enter" which inturn actually clicks on "OK" or "cancel" button.
4. Just before the line on QTP where the code executes and freezes QTP, enter this code,
SystemUtil.Run "C:\Windows\System32\Wscript.exe", "C:\dialoghandler.vbs"
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between error handling and exception handling venkatbatchu 6 25,695 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: smitapawar610
  Fireevent ondblclick hangs QTP until window is closed Andor 2 1,860 06-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Andor
  UFT 12 hangs on a line (.NET forms) sara- 0 2,397 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Last Post: sara-
  QTP hangs Girish S 0 1,765 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Girish S
  QTP hangs when application error Windows displays rj_hogan 0 2,634 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Last Post: rj_hogan