Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP hangs while Running
Not Solved
I am new to using QTP, facing problem while running the QTP. The QTP is doing the recording but while try to run,it hangs indefinitely. It doesn't run for a very simple web (or) window application itself, the status bar shows "Running" and doesn't stop too. I have to stop the application using windows task manager.

I am using QTP 9.5 in IE7 - Vista home Premium.

Can anybody help to resolve this issue.
Not Solved
At what point on the web appln does it hang ?
Can you try recording on Google.com and playback ?
Are you using tabbed browsing and opening the link on multiple tabbed browsers?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,

Thanks for your reply. The QTP hangs after launching the webpage.

As you said,I have recorded with google.com, typed "qtp" as keyword and clicked the search button, and after opening the search results page , closed the web application.

In that case, while I try to run the script,the QTP just opens the google page and hangs there itself. It doesn't enter "qtp" as keyword.

No. I am not using tabbed browsing.I have disable tabbed browsing.

Thanks,
Padma
Not Solved
Padma -
Can you check the system process when the hang happens ?
What takes up more RAM ? QTP or IE ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Padma,

Can you also check -
User Acess Control is turned off
and BHO Manager is Enabled.

Not Solved
Hi Padma,

Fyi, With regard to your problem Ankur had already posted a useful article on
"Does QTP support MS Vista?" ( http://mercuryquicktestprofessional.blog...pport.html )

Please find the below for more info.

Working with Windows Vista:

* The security settings in Microsoft Windows Vista may prevent you from performing a QuickTest Professional-related installation, such as a patch installation, or connecting to a Quality Center project (either directly or from QuickTest Professional). This can occur when the User Account Control (UAC) option in Windows Vista is set to ON, and you have not yet connected to a Quality Center project (if relevant).

Workaround: To work with Quality Center, temporarily turn off the User Account Control (UAC) option, as follows:
1. Log in to Windows Vista as an administrator.
2. From the Control Panel, choose User Accounts > Change Security Settings.
3. Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box and click OK.
4. Connect to Quality Center as usual. After connecting to Quality Center, you can turn the User Account Control (UAC) option on again. Hereafter, you should be able to connect to Quality Center, as needed.

* Due to a problem opening DCOM permissions on Windows Vista, QuickTest does not run properly on a remote Windows Vista host from Quality Center.
Workaround: Run RmtAgentFix.exe from the \bin folder.

* On Windows Vista, QuickTest Professional seat licenses may not work correctly if you are not logged on as an administrator. (Note that concurrent licenses work as usual.)
Workaround: On Windows Vista, install QuickTest Professional and any QuickTest add-ins as an administrator. To do this, right-click setup.exe from the root folder of the QuickTest Professional installation CD and choose Run as administrator.

Hope it would solve your issue. Smile
Not Solved
Hi,
Thanks to you all for the suggestions ... I will try the above methods and check whether the QTP runs.

Thanks,
Padma
Not Solved
Hi all,

I have done all these setting as mentioned above.but No Luck.
Not Solved
I am facing the same problem with QTP9.2,in window vista...
Getting hang and closing it from Task manger.

I have recorded with google.com, typed "easy to automate" as keyword and clicked the search button, and after opening the search results page , closed the web application after going to some of the searched site...

In that case, while I try to run the script,the QTP just opens the google page and hangs there itself.

I am a new user to QTP.

please give some suggestion to solve this issue...
Not Solved
I am facing the same problem with QTP 10.0, Windows xp, IE8 during run batch of scripts.
At this time, QTP hangs in scripts A, and it may happen in script B at other time.

pls help me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Application hangs hiregoudar 0 1,667 02-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  System hangs while spying an object in Windows 7 OS prithwiraj1990 0 1,940 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: prithwiraj1990
  IE hangs when QTP clicks button janriis 0 1,966 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Last Post: janriis
Exclamation Error in QTP Running shubheksh 5 7,779 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Recorder Hangs... TeamTJ 0 2,412 01-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Last Post: TeamTJ