Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP java add-in problems
Not Solved
I have been using QTP for a couple of years for web pages, but now need to use the QTP java add-in for some java controls on our web page that are not correctly identified or operated by QTP web.

The object I want to work with is a java calendar object. It has the usual calendar part that is familiar to most people; it also has a horizontal slider to set hour of the day, and another horizontal slider to set minute of the day.

I added in the QTP java add-in, made sure it was enabled upon startup, set "Record and run test on any open Java application" in the Record and Run Settings for this test.

When I record operations on this java control (clicking on a day cell in the calendar, or moving the hour or minute sliders), it records web calls. For example, I clicked on the calendar cell for June 21, then moved the hours slider and the minutes slider and the code recorded by QTP looks like this:

Code:
Browser("Automation").Page("Automation").Link("21").Click
Browser("Automation").Page("Automation").WebElement("WebElement_33").Drag 8,2
Browser("Automation").Page("Automation").("WebElement_33").Drop 40,0
Browser("Automation").Page("Automation").WebButton("Done").Click

If I disable the java add-in and record these steps again, the code QTP generates is the same. QTP does not appear to be using the java add-in at all.

I'm using QTP 10.0 with several patches applied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to record JAVA Swing application with JAVA add-in Mrudula Chinchanikar 0 795 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Mrudula Chinchanikar
  java objects not getting identified with java update 8 in uft 11.5 milukuraju 0 2,850 02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: milukuraju
  Problems installing LearnQuickTest PDF API dplank 1 2,531 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to add a Third party Tool developed in Java to QTP mohamedziavudeen 0 2,685 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: mohamedziavudeen
  Problems with browsers count after QTPWEB_00090 patch installed royvarum 0 2,971 01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Last Post: royvarum