Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP not exporting to excel
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am having issues with certain results being exported to excel. It works on some of the URLs that I am grabbing data from but all of a sudden it is giving me a general export error on a specific set of urls. I cant figure out what in the results it doesnt like. I am trying to resolve this so I can scan all of the urls.

I am just getting a general export error. I can provide more info as requested. I did not write the QTP script. I am new to QTP. I run the script weekly and I have not had an issue with this until now. I know that it is specific to specific urls it is trying to export the data from. I have trouble shooted it to that. Any help would be appreciated. I will need specific instructions though or code examples.

ERROR I am receiving:
A general error occurred while exporting to file D:\CDC-Automation\Data\Iteration2Analysis\Batch1\Target\Target_Scan_URL.xls.

Function file: D:\CDC-Automation\CDC_QTP_MAIN\Function Libraries\CDC_functions.qfl
Line (694): " datatable.export Target_file".
Chk the below link.

Hope you find it useful

http://automatingsap.blogspot.in/2012/07...mport.html

Regards,
Ankesh
Thank you I have tried this but I get an error when I perform these steps. It says that the file is not a data table compatible file. Also I have to stop running the script to perform these steps which doesnt work as well cause cant stop and start the run of the script it has hundreds of urls it needs to process.
Please QTP will work fine when you are using excel in 97-2003 format, i.e., .XLS format.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exporting List of ltems from Weblist to Excel shayk1985 1 2,648 05-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Error While Exporting Excel Ankesh 8 8,611 11-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Exporting drop down values in Excel sudhirzpatil 4 6,380 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Saket
  Exporting filtered report pjeigenn 4 3,487 09-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Saket
  excel macro to open QTP from excel karthik1979_us 1 10,917 11-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Last Post: geethwind