Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP not recognizing objects sometimes
Not Solved
Hi,

I need a favour from you guys, my QTP script is configured to open up a website, check for the content (that I fed into Object Repository) and accordingly throw a FAIL or PASS based on whether the content is found or not.

However, the script sometimes recognizes the content and at times cannot, and hence I receive false FAILURE alerts for unknown reason. Here's a bit of code snippet that causing irregular failures. Please assist.

Code:
If  Browser("ABC").Page("XYZ").Exist(0) Then
   If Browser("ABC").Page("XYZ").Image("header_app_title").Exist(0) Then
    sMsg = "Ineos Credit Control Tool page launch successful"
    sStatus = True
   End If
Else
  sMsg = "Ineos Credit Control Tool page launch failed"
  sStatus = False
End If
Not Solved
Guys, pls assist. The false alerts are causing lot of chaos. Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Not Solved
Check if the image is always spyable manually.

If the object is manuall spyable always, then check if the image exist after loading the page by increasing the time..

Eg.
Code:
If Browser("ABC").Page("XYZ").Image("header_app_title").Exist(10)
Then

If the object is always not spyable manually, then check if any java/.net/any other add in is required..and install it and use it. You will be able to proceed well.

Thanks,
Ricks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not recognizing date calendar kQTPs 1 3,457 12-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: harikrishna
  QTP 11 not recognizing WPF objects in Windows 7 32 bit system Pallavi 1 3,300 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP recognizing Oracle forms as Java objects shankar.srini88 0 4,395 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: shankar.srini88
  QTP not recognizing the fancy box-item sxavierraj 1 2,327 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  WPF DataGrid is not recognizing properly suvenduitc@gmail.com 0 3,147 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Last Post: suvenduitc@gmail.com