Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP recordign problem
Not Solved
I have a problem here.In my application i have a user info form.The user is supposed to enter the mandatory fields and then click on Submit.Now when i try to record this scenario,when i click on the Submit Image,the application jsut doesnt move forward.it is suppose to take me to the next page when i click on Submit.However,when i play back the script,on clickign submit it takes me to the next page.I need to record some validation errors which are shown to the user on lcicking submit.What should i do?The
Submit is a image and the object is identified by QTP.Please helpp!!!Thank u so much
Not Solved
Hi neha,

Can you please attach the screenshot of object spy and the submit button page.

Thanks,
Azeem
Not Solved
Neha -
Is the application open before QTP ?? Are there multiple instances of the application open ?? What type of recording are you performing ??

Ironically, You say that playback clicks and takes it forth but not recording ? If so, is QTP recording the click on the Submit ??
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
hi, validation messages are in the form of pop-up or text messages, i am also automating validation error messages but unable to do it, pop-up error messages you can capture the pop-up and put it in the test results sheet during runtime that way user will know the error he got when he ran the script, thanks
Not Solved
Is Smita, neha all the same ?? I am confused here with the original intent or a hijack.

Eithercase, Can you spy on the Pop-up messages ? If yes, then you can store those objects into the OR and use the Getroproperty to find the valdiation messages.

This is a superficial understanding. A better explanation of your GUI with screenshots will be more helpful.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recordign of QTP shruti 4 2,971 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to add richtext field while QTP recordign a test case mahwishkhan 0 1,656 04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: mahwishkhan