Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP recording problem
Not Solved
It's been a while since I've used QTP but I thought I knew it pretty well. Now I installed QTP 11 on Windows 7. I am trying to test my installation by recording on an app other than the ones that come with QTP. I've tried to record actions using the Calculator app and the MSPaint app but nothing is recording. Why wont these apps record? I dont remember my previous experience with QTP being this difficult.
Not Solved
Check that you have selected "Record and run on any open windows-based application." option in Record& Run Settings.

Let me know if it does not work.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
That is normally the way I record. That didnt work.
Not Solved
Hi,i had the issue when i installed QTP 10 on windows 7. I ran below patches. thn it worked fine.

QTP_00626.exe and
QTP_00644.exe

I m not sure of 11.
Not Solved

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with windows 7, IE 9.0 and QTP 10.0.

I tried installing the patches and its not accepting that same license key that I entered for installing QTP 10.0. It says that key is already used.

How can I install the patches? Can someone tell me the license key for these patches?

I am not able to record even a simple windows application.

Please suggest something.

Thanks in advance.

Shikha

Not Solved
I have similar problem - but I cannot record from our Terminal Emulator, which is a windows application. I have HP QTP loaded on two different machine, both running Windows 7 and QTP v10.0. "Record and run on any open windows-based application." has been set on both machines. I can record & run on my laptop but I cannot record only run on the desktop PC. All the setting I can find are set the same. Any advise? Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP Recording Rakesh Sahukari 0 1,614 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Rakesh Sahukari
  QTP 11.5 recording issue anupam4j 0 1,599 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  qtp not recording all the steps kp_usa 1 2,438 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP is not recording script pkdhake 4 3,289 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Last Post: geetha_QTP
  QTP recording problems Masa 2 2,333 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Masa