Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP run error
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I just upgraded to a new PC and reloaded QTP. It is operating differently than before. Now when I encounter an error during a test run, the QTP pop up is an unrecoverable error. Is there something not installed completely for QTP that is keeping the normal error pop-up from coming up?
Try to repair it once...
when you say 'upgraded to a new PC', what exactly do you mean?

i have installed QTP recently in my laptop...
But when i do a normal recording giving username & password to the flight application & run that in QTP
it gives an error----

Cannot find the "Agent Name:" object's parent "Login" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Code:
Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set "sdcsd"
Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Password:").SetSecure "4cc59a43f5e7291fde2477a9fee42c8bb29016fb"
Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Password:").Type  micReturn
Window("Flight Reservation").WinMenu("Menu").Select "File;Exit"

Can U help me out plss to resolve this error--
Hi,

Check the properties of the object "Dialog("Login")".
Update the Object Properties :- Go to Object Reporsitory, select Dialog(Login) and click on Update from application

-Vinod
Hi Subheksh, Please dont divert a thread asking your query in between or posting which is not relevant with the original query.
as I can see this is your first post here, I would like to Welcome you to QTP forums and please create a new thread for your query. Please read posting guidelines first.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 323 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,636 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,983 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  General run error. Line (18): "Loop while Browser("Index:=0").Object.Busy" AshokReddy 3 4,784 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Error of checkpoint in record & run mood arif 0 2,076 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: arif