Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP runs slow when scheduled through a Virtual Machine
Not Solved
I have been having an issue with QTP running slow when scheduled scripts run on a virtual machine and I haven't been able to figure out why, so I'm looking for some insight.
Currently we are running QTP 11.0.
We schedule jobs through an application called TIDAL scheduler.
We execute the scripts on a Virtual Machine using VMWare.
We autologon this machine using Session 0 after reboots.
We have the QTP options set to run in Fast mode.

The issue we have is when these jobs run, it will take approx. 22 minutes to execute, but when we are RDP'd into the VM with the session window very small on our desktop, the same jobs run in 12 minutes. We have setup the recording options within QTP and found that it takes 45 - 60 seconds for browsers to render pages when we are not RDP'd and the same jobs render the pages normally when we are RDP'd. can anyone tell me how I can correct this or where to look?
Not Solved
Are you using a multi core VMWare instance? Configure to use only a single core using your VM client software. Let me know how it goes.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Ankur, Thanks for the response and enjoy your blogs. I have verified we are running a single core from a cmd promt:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\userID>wmic cpu get NumberOfCores
NumberOfCores
C:\Users\UserID>
Not Solved
1) Memory is divided between VMWare and the host machine. I'm sure you must have checked that already but just in case, Please check if you have sufficient memory on VMWare required for QTP to run while the host is running.
2) Under task manager, set Affinity to run with only 1 CPU.

I am providing you suggestions above, please ensure you have a proper backup at place.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,783 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  System work slow with UFT 12.02 elyanivson 0 2,668 02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: elyanivson
  Browser - Child objects method is very very slow prasperl 0 1,970 11-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Last Post: prasperl
  UFT 11.5 Slow ankit.saini 2 4,315 06-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Last Post: ankit.saini
  Backup of QTP scripts and SOR from QC to Local machine. blazerrules 0 3,070 06-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Post: blazerrules