Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP script convertion in excel
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

How do we convert scripts of QTP to Excel format?
Please reply urgently.

thanks
Deepaster -
I fail miserably to understand your question. Would appreciate if you can provide finer details which will definitely help any layman to first understand the question and then analyzing and finally ending with a reply.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Urgent.......
Anybody..! Can you please help me.....

Actualy I want to export all the values of a dropdown list in Excel file.
Here my code snippet attached below....

Code:
dim cnt
cnt  = Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").GetItemsCount     '''Select "Denver"
MsgBox cnt
For i=0 to cnt-1
    Dim itm
    itm = Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").GetItem(i)

DataTable.AddSheet ("Fly From").AddParameter "Fly From", itm    DataTable.GetSheet("Fly From").SetNextRow
    datatable.ExportSheet "C:\Users\abhijitp\Desktop\result.xls", "Fly From"
    MsgBox itm
Next
But the problem is....values are being added in same row and different column. But I want to add these values in same column.
Please help me to do it.

Please help me to post new thread....
I have subcribed with User Name and password. But I could not find out any link to post new thread.
hi,
Is there a way of converting the recorded script in qtp to excel sheet?
Like in selenium we can directly save the test script in excel format.

thanks
Nope. Not possible.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
thanks for your prompt response Smile
now will have to do some coding for the same i guess.
I have another query:
Can we customize the test results produced by QTP? or the only solution is to use Test Management Tool (Quality Centre) for the graphs and all?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB Script to separate upper & small Letters from a string and store in excel pradeep537 1 2,074 08-05-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT taking different script execution timings while comparing 2 excel files. sudheer 0 2,214 06-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Last Post: sudheer
  How to read and write in excel through QTP script shwetha_m 5 29,242 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  QTP 11, Win 7 - Issue while saving the Excel through the script.bu fine in XP sivasuman 0 2,185 11-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Last Post: sivasuman
  Inserting comments along with name of the script in excel Prashanth 0 1,694 05-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Prashanth