Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP script schedule
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
1) I have a login and logout script in qtp.
2) I would like to know how to quick this script from Tasks and schedules option from control pannel for a specific time schedule.
3) Ankur given testing.vbs script to add to Addscheduled tasks from control panel,

4) BUT I am not able to understand how this 2 scripts can be interconnected.

Someone throw some light.
which testing.vbs you are talking about? Please paste the code here.

Code:
Set App = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")
App.Launch
App.Visible = True
App.WindowState = "Maximized" ' Maximize the QuickTest window
App.ActivateView "ExpertView" ' Display the Expert View
App.open "C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Tests\Test1", False  'Opens the test in editable mode

I created a script for login and logout for a website.I do wants to schedule this script for a scheduled time.What i am understanding that
the above code(testing.vbs) will invoke the script. or my script path should i include in
App.open "C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Tests\Test1", False 'Opens the test in editable mode
here.
Yes you are getting it right, this script(testing.vbs) will open your QTP script from the path you specified.
if your scripts are at different location from the path mentioned in the statement, you will have to specify your path
e.g if the scripts are in C:\MyQTP\Scripts\Test1 then the statement will be
Code:
App.open "C:\MyQTP\Scripts\Test1 "

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to schedule regular UFT runs MasterChief 1 3,243 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  DB Output Checking is not run during Schedule Script Run charmieaka 1 3,083 04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Saket
  how to schedule a QTP script balreddy 5 23,391 04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Last Post: rabbaii
  How to execute the qtp script when this script is added to schedule tasks? venkatbatchu 3 5,327 10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: venkatbatchu
  How to schedule Batch Runs in QTP? Sujatha Errapothu 1 5,664 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Sonia