Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP support for extjs applications
Not Solved
Hi

I have some concerns with using QTP to automate web application developed using the extjs technology.

I just started off with the automation and found that there are some limitations of using QTP to automate web applications developed in extjs. I found that QTP doesn't record on certain controls on the application like buttons during recording . I was told a way out to generate the script.

The idea is to first launch the Object Repository window, select the Add objects to local option and click on the controls and get them in the repository first. Then write the script. It works for some elements and for some it doesn't .

For ex:
Code:
For Webedit -
Code:
Browser("Applicationx").Page("Applicationx").WebEdit("User Name").Set "Srinivas"
- This is OK

Code:
For checkbox -
Code:
Browser("Applicationx").Page("Applicationx").WebButton("WebButton").Click
- Checkbox recognized as Web button

Code:
For non-editable dropdown -
Code:
Browser("Applicationx").Page("Applicationx").WebEdit("SearchBy").Set
- Drop down recognized as Webedit

Code:
For button -
Code:
Browser("Applicationx").Page("Applicationx").WebElement("Search").Click
- Button recognized as webelement

Is there a better way of handling extjs application? Can somebody please advise me if there are other options to automate the app?

Regards
Srinivas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.00 and swing/rcp-applications? nguyen4685 1 1,669 02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Last Post: nguyen4685
  extjs/html5 funcational automation testing with qtp11.0 anilg.qa 1 3,154 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Does QTP support Adobe CQ and Microstrategy kamalteja 0 2,693 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP does not seem to support xhtml based java objects siva.kanukollu@yaho.com 0 2,659 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: siva.kanukollu@yaho.com
  Does QTP support Teleric and Dev-Xpress 3rd party tools, if yes how? Dharnish 0 2,224 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Dharnish