Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP unable to record Java application
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am trying to use QTP for automating testing for a Java application. I have installed QTP 9.2 and installed Java Plug In 9.1. I have configured the run settings to start recording a java application. When I started recording it launched the login page of the application accepted the user name and the password too. But on clicking on the login button it just hanged. I tried searching on the net for resolving this issue but in vain.

I tried disabling the Active X plug in , still it did not work.

If anyone knows how to resolve this for sure please help !!

Thanks ,

Saroja
Not Solved
Have you enabled the Java plugin by selecting it through the plugin window?
Not Solved
Hi omjsr,

I have enabled the JAVA Plugin. QTP is able to recognise the objects but unable to perform the operations. For e.g. when I click on the login button it doesnt allow me to login. I am working on a client server application developed using J2EE . Server is deployed on JBOSS on Solaris and connects to an oracle database. I am working with a windows clilent that is configured to connect to the backend application server.

Maybe this info will help you understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Saroja
Not Solved
On what browser you working on... is there any issue has been logged in the log files...
Also you can also open the java console to have a look on the issue reported in the console it self.
Not Solved
Hi omjsr,

Its a client server application so there is no need of a browser. And I did nit find any error in the java console. It creates the login object and says "Click" operation but is unable to perform the operation.

Here is a snapshot of the java console

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MER
CUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes\
jasmine.jar
Loading All System Images ......
Loading Mercury Interactive QuickTest Professional Java Support (version 9.0.208
2.0) (SUN 1.6.0_02)
newcopyright2222.jpg Not Found
true.jpg Not Found
False.jpg Not Found
ApplicationServerIp0->'10.232.170.229'
ApplicationServerPort0->'1099'
TestApplicationServerIp->'10.232.170.234'
TestApplicationServerPort->'1099'
RunTicker->'false'
LastLoggin->'Admin'
ConNo->'1'
AutoRefreshTasks->'true'
ShowDailyTasksOnly->'true'
OverrideDateFormat->'false'
DisplayedFormat->'2'
RepViewer->'C:\NTG\NTS\RepViewer.exe'
BranchName->'Main Mall'
BranchID->'1'
LayoutNo->'1'
LogError->'true'
UseDefualtWindowsForFileDownload->'false'
ApplayServerTimeZone->'true'
ListenerPort->'1157'
EjbCheckerTrialCount->'10'
EjbCheckerTrialSleepPeriod->'100'
Loading System customization
Loading Basic System Images ......
Not Solved
And it generates the same console details when you try to get login without using QTP(manually)?
well the thing is that i am also working on Java applet for automation and i have installed java plugin on QTP 9.1 .

For me it is working fine on almost similar scenario(but via browser), i am having JRE installed with following configuration :

JRE version 1.5.0_17 Java HotSpot™ Client VM

Also while recording with QTP i have selected the option "Record and run test on any open Java Application" under java tab of Record and Run Setting window.

Please give us more details or verify your settings as it looks like environmental/configuration related issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,546 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,502 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,778 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,140 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,309 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ