Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP with MS Access applications
Not Solved Sad 
Sad WE are using QTP 11, It works fine with SharePoint and stardard Web applications. However, several of our Applications involk MS Access Form application, which once the main screen appears, QTP is unable to follow additional screens. Is there any Add-in software that can help provide tracking for these applications? Again, they run on desktop outside the web browser. Thanks for any help. Smile
Not Solved
Hi Eldon,

What exactly do you want to perform in Access using QTP?
If you want to read or write some data, you can use vbscript to connect to access database and fire appropriate queries.
Not Solved Rolleyes 
I think you missed the Problem. Start>> Programs>> Database>> Application. Access, Forms driven Application, First Form Menu is displayed, (5 options), Make selection, Second Forms data screen and menu, is displayed. Pull down data selection aon top of screen and Exit button at bottom of Form. Using QTP I can open the Access Forms Application, but for some reason it does not go to the option screen, althoiugh DEBUG shows it is there , it can not locate the Exit button at the bottom of form it only sees the Pulldown window in the Access Form.

I have tried using the Object repository for the forms Learned but it does not include any reference to the Exit button. This application does not run inside a web browser, we have no problems with those that do.
Not Solved
Any Luck on this ????

i have objects / controls on ms application screen. How do i access those ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,590 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,625 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 1,994 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  QTP UFT supports Extjs and Treegrid Applications Lokanadham 0 2,446 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Lokanadham
  How to automate MS Access Frontend application through QTP Anchal0604 0 2,288 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Anchal0604