Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP with Performance testing
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your help in solving my problems before. I have the below scenario to be tested and I am following the below mentioned approach. Kindly, let me know whether I am following the correct step or not

Scenario:
-------------
I have made a script for a windows based application and I have to run that script for 10 hrs. and during the execution, I have to find out the CPU utilization and Memory usages for that application.

Approaches I am following:
---------------------------------
In QTP 11.0, I have set the application in Local System Monitor and set the parameter value for "Memory usage in MB' and '% percentage of CPu' and have made some upper limit value.

so that during execution, if the application consumes memory more than the upper limit that I have given will be considered as FAIL.

Am I following the right approach, if not Please let me know the best way to do it.

Thanks,
Jyotikrushna
Not Solved
If you need to report the memory usage, take help of WMI
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
In Performance testing you have to test performance of the application with related to behavior of the application if the application is subjected to the stress. But you are not doing that you are doing system testing which you have at first instance if your system can handle the stress

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP API to connect to Performance Center(ALM) as_srini 3 5,512 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Cool Performance Issues with Terminal Emulator Add-In Rodrigo Carvalho 0 3,261 07-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Rodrigo Carvalho
  whether QTP is suitable for performance testing praveen_garigipati@yahoo.co.in 2 3,579 11-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Last Post: sudha_abap
Shy Script performance in two different systems is rajeshwarg 3 2,497 07-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Last Post: basanth27
Question Is QTP a performance testing tool? Cyberamol 5 9,195 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Smita Dash