Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP with Windows7
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Dear All,

I am new to QTP, recently i have installed QTP 11.00 trail version in my laptop which is WINDOWS7. I also degrade my Mozilla Firefox to 3.5.7 to suit with QTP. But still scripts are not recording when i am using Firefox 3.5.7 and Internet Explorer. Scripts recorded for Google chrome...
Also in the case of windows application like notepad, calculator, word pad and etc. Scripts are only recorded when these are taken through record and run settings -> "Record and run only on:" . If i have already open a calculator and then started new test -> record , scripts are not recorded.

Please help me..give me some solution...
Hi Shibinp,

Start QTP first and then your application. Then change the Record and Run settings to - Record and run on any open browser/windows-based application.
Dear manishbhalshankar,

Thanks for your reply, but this is not working. i tried like you said. for example scripting is done for calculator is only when calculator open through record and run settings -> "Record and run only on:" . Also Firefox and IE is not working even i have open those browsers through record and run settings -> "Record and run only on:"
Even i am facing the same problem.
yeap me too still stucked up in same issue Sad
Hi All,

Make sure to launch QTP as Administrator. For this, right click on qtp icon and select run as administrator. If this dosent solve the problem, I would suggest to reinstall it. Login to the machine as Administrator, right click on setup.exe and select run as administrator.
Hi Manish,
thanks Smile its working...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP 11 - GetVisibleText not getting text correctly in windows7 from Activex Pallavi 1 5,567 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  Unable to identify the Web Objects in QTP 10 +IE 8 in Windows7 mahesh1612 2 4,200 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mahesh1612
  Does Qtp11.0 Supports windows7 and ie8? ranichidurala 0 4,945 03-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Last Post: ranichidurala
  Windows7 compatability with QTP swetha.b 1 2,408 01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Last Post: azar80