Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RECORD WEB application
Not Solved
Hi,
I am new to QTP.i have a qustion but is it a right place to question?I mean i cud nt see "post ur question" any where on de site so m posting it here.
I have marked Web add-in as checked while starting QTP still it is not recording the web application actions.just maximise and minize IE is recorded.
Please help me with my problem
Thanks
Not Solved
Yes Shona, you are at right place. whenever you have a new query just create a new thread for your query. before createing a thread, first search in the huge knowledge base discussed in various threads here.

for the answer of your query - check you have opened QTP first before launching your application.

Not Solved
Hi Saket,

Before this task i had closed all WEB applications. I have set google site in web tab when record is clicked.so QTP itself is opeing the googe.when i write some text in search string and press 'google search' button etc all these steps are not getting recorded.only close, minize,activate events are recorded
Not Solved
what is your QTP version and IE version?

Not Solved
QTP ver is 10.0 n IE ver is 8.0

Thanks
Not Solved
ok, can you try this and let me know how it goes
automation> record and run settings > web tab
select 'Record and run tests on any open browser'
now open google site and record.
does this work?

Not Solved
It does not workSad
Not Solved
in that case, I doubt your web addin does not get properly loaded.
go to Help>About - check if Web addin is checked or not.

btw are you running on vista, if so search this forum to find out the resolution to work with vista.
there are lots of info here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,554 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  How to identify SVG elements from web application Sanjana1987 0 1,804 02-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sanjana1987
  Not able to set value in application web edit box tanuj dewangan 4 3,472 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: harshadevadas
  How to validate mandatory filed (*) in web application using balak89 1 3,961 09-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,324 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ