ColumnA-contains various zips-all rows filled
ColumnB-contains various classes-all filled
ColumnC-contains various weight-all filled
ColumnD-contains a number-may or maynot be filled-maybe NULL
ColumnE-contains a number-may or maynot be filled-maybe NULL

Action1-sign-into test
Code:
Browser("Browser").Dialog("Connect to test.my.company").WinButton("OK").Click
Browser("Browser").Page("company name").Check CheckPoint("home_page")
Browser("Browser").Page("company name").Link("Rate Estimate").Click

Action2-rate
Code:
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").Check CheckPoint("my company: U.S./Canada")
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebEdit("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl4:OrgZip").Set "90210"
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebEdit("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl4:DestZip").Set DataTable("A",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebEdit("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl4:Discount").Set DataTable("E",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebEdit("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl4:Floor").Set DataTable("D", dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebList("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl5:_ctl0:drpCla").Select DataTable("B",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebEdit("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl5:_ctl0:txtWei").Set DataTable("C",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebCheckBox("_ctl0:_ctl0:_ctl5:chkARV").Set "ON"
Browser("Browser").Page("my company: U.S./Canada").WebButton("Submit").Click
Browser("Browser").Pag
e("my company: U.S./Canada").Link("Rate another shipment").Click

The first trip through is fine. Data is filled in on all five fields, from the table. It then performs the 'Submit', and clicks 'rate another shipment'
the screen clears to Rate another Shipment-and to perform the next row; but for some reason returns to the home page, rather remain on the Rate estimate page.

Note: I originally had action1 at the top of Action2 and it was performing like this-that's why I split it up.

The socond row that I want to now see does contain a NULL (blank) in the 'D' column; but I understand-that's OK,
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
What is your exact issue here?
Thanks,
SUpputuri
sorry, that the program is returning to the home page rather than remaing at the 'rate estimate page. Because once it returns to the 'action1' it wants to 'connect to test' a second time-it never lost connection.

make sense now?
Try to do it manually if the issue is reproducing then, post a defect as the functionality is not working.
Else if it is working fine then, make sure that you are in the right page while performing the operations, i.e. check for the submit button before entering the data else click on the "Rate Estimate" Link.

If you need any more information let me know.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Sounds like the entire test is iterating. Is you DataTable data in the global sheet or the sheet for action2?
It's in the globalsheet. I'm able to manually perform a walkthrough and NEVER return to Action1(home page). I spent a great deal of time trying to revent this from going back to Action1 yesterday-that I just deleted that step and started at Action2. Moved through script/datatable fine.

Later, however I created an Action 3 with a Candian origin zip and the same flow/script as before. This now runs strangly-as one row of Action2 will run and then one row of Action3 and then row two.

This isn't a problem; but I would like to put Action1 back in. That was the issue to begin with-

Also now with my test results: I now have many link Name and URL failures-yet I can reach the link. I'm also not seeing much of the 'test result' web page images-They appear to be a missing image('X' on image)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to read the data from excel and set read value in the JavaTable rajeevk7 0 2,172 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: rajeevk7
  Datatable add and datatable import sheet wheelercha 4 33,360 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Arul
  Correct syntax for read and load global datatable from Resources tab in QC to QTP hari1024 1 5,014 12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  clarification on datatable-read next cocojava 4 2,946 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Last Post: leninraj
  Read next datatable rather than login again cocojava 7 4,041 11-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Last Post: cocojava