Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Only QTP file
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi guys,

I am new to qtp and am having this recurring problem. I am working on QTP files[Using HP QTP and not QC] on a LAN system. When I create a file using my account and put it on a shared server[common to all users on the LAN], if another user tries to access the file directly from the shared server, he is unable to edit it as the file is read only. If however, he downloads it to his local system, he can edit the qtp file but then he wil have to put the file onto the shared system again[which I believe is quite irksome]. Is there anyway to get around this, i.e a file made on one system by one user can be edited by another user on another system?I have also tried to remove the read only attribute of this file before putting it onto the server and also tried deleting the .lck file but to no avail. Please let me know about this as this is a pressing problem.

Thanks in advance,

Arjun
The best way to use the resources withing a team or various users is Version/Source Control. You should use any of the software like VSS, TFS etc rather keeping it a shared location in the network.

For a shared folder to work you will have to provide the security permissions to other user to access it.

Hi,

I am new to QTP and loaded 9.5 version in my laptop. I have recorded flight reservation functions and i am facing 2 problems.

1) I am not able to save the recorded test.

2) I am not able to replay existing test. Sysmtemutil does not come as default.

Please someone can help me
hi..im new to dizz website...i learned qtp course..now im searchng for job..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to read the data from excel and set read value in the JavaTable rajeevk7 0 2,171 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: rajeevk7
  How to mask the particular read only mode fields while capturing screenshot in QTP kalaivanan123 2 3,360 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  How to read and write in excel through QTP script shwetha_m 5 29,262 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  Read the HTTP response inside QTP script xcoder2 1 6,841 10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  Unable to read the data from excel file attiliv 1 2,859 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Last Post: sams001