Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Time use of QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

I am having basic doubt like in real time industry when will the QTP is used. I mean in which phase of the testing life cycle it is used.
1. Tester will start using the tool with out the app url(i.e., using the DP) or after the application is stable he will use the tool
2. If the tester starts using the tool with put the app url from where he will know the objects and its properties.

Thanks,
Chowsan
Hi

1. Tester will start using the tool with out the app url(i.e., using the DP) or after the application is stable he will use the tool

Answer : Tester will do the automation once the build is stable.Before proceeding with automation Tester needs to do Sanity testing.

2.If the tester starts using the tool with put the app url from where he will know the objects and its properties.

Answer : To Do automation ,Testers need to identify first the objects and functions.Once the framweork develop then testers can proceed with automation.

~Regards
Thanks for the reply.

But what my point is, Are the dev team will give us that these are the objects going to use and the properties used to identify these objects
Thanks,
Chowsan
Hi Chowsan,

QTP has it's own model to identify the objects, but it will try to grab the object properties that are assigned for each of the object while the object was under development. You have the facility of customizing your object identification properties and the other excelance of QTP is you can even define the new properties for the same object.

Developers will created the objects with some properties, but never the automation team will get the information that "YOu have to use these properties for these objects...". It's the automation testers turn to decide what properties he should consider.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP Real Time examples and vb script programs QTpier 0 4,054 07-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Last Post: QTpier
  QTP Real time question sruthi 2 3,952 06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Last Post: sruthi
  Time Out in QTP at the time of Execution jakkasureshkumar 1 3,525 12-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Ankur