Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reason for change in object properties
Not Solved
Hi,

i just want to know the reason for change in the object properties. today i have created some code in qtp and it is working fine... but after any deployment if run the scripts it gets failed.... due to change in objects properties.... even though the developers didnt touch the properties of the objects in the application.any idea?
Not Solved
any update?

please
Not Solved
How did you prove that the object properties have changed? Failure is allright, but when you spy'd have the object description changed? If yes, apart from the dev team there aint gonna be anyone else who would be able to make the changes.

Also, when you spy and if the description have changed then you can highlight the same changes to the dev team. The object descriptions are technical enough for them to understand.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi basanth,

Thanks for your reply.... i need the answer from dev point of you. we need to prove the development team that due to the the deployment the objects propeties like html id, id, etc changed.... and issue not from testing side... (we are using OR which is mandatory in our project)
Not Solved
Either the developers change the properties or the properties are dynamically rendered by the framework they use. This is one of the challenges,we automation testers face. I would suggest you to go for properties like xpath for such objects. However this is applicable only if you are using qtp 11.0 and above.
Not Solved
From your OR pick the object which is failing, spy it and see what properties have changed? Have they changed?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to change the column name of datatable runtime in UFT sagar.raythatha 0 2,425 01-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Last Post: sagar.raythatha
  WebElement disappears on change of focus EGBELL 0 2,132 01-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: EGBELL
  QTP get differrent properties for an object on two machines linhke 0 1,909 08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Last Post: linhke
  Identifying of an object on window among the multiple objects with similar properties venkatbatchu 6 4,981 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Record scrollling to identify the object properties lskmuni2000 0 1,542 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: lskmuni2000