Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi there,
I am using the Record feature for the QTP. However, I found some steps are failed to be recorded. Basically, I am recording the steps on clicking some of the options from the option list pop up dialog in a web application. As I check form the Expert View, and notice that few steps of the codes are missing. Specially the steps of I click on the option. But the steps of cliking on " Ok" button is recorded.

Can anyone provide me some insight ?

Many thanks

Carol
Hi Carol,
Plese tell the version of QTp you are using.If you are using 8.2 then you have to use low level recording for some objects to get identified.Also open the QTP first and then the application.Do tell if you face any further issues.

-Deepak.
Hi Deepak,

I am using Quick Test Professional 9.5, I want to record the step of click , drag and drop. It looks like drag and drop can not be recorded.

Many thanks

Carol
Hi Carol,

To record the mouse movements you have to use the Analog Recording Mode as this mode is just made for recording mouse movements.

-Deepak.
Just check with the developers about the technology your GUI is built in and ask them about that problematic option also.

Anything specific we might be able to help.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analog Recording & Normal Recording Shama Ahsan 1 3,606 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Shama Ahsan