Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery Scenario
Not Solved
Hi,

Can anyone exlpain 'Recovery Scenarios' with example please.
I have tried like to hell to have a recovery scenario for a pop-up window.Recovery scenario just doesn't get invoked when the window is
popped up.

Any example in this context would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Amol
Not Solved
Cyberamol - Have you even tried searching this forum before you posted ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Can you share what you have done? It will be much easier to understand where you are stuck with this.

Not Solved
I have created a recovery scenario for pop-up window. In the 'Recovery' tab of the Recovery Scenario Manager Wizard, I have added call to a VBS file which simply prints that 'Error has occured".

I have ENABLED the scenario in the File-->Settings-->Recovery tab with the option of 'On Every Step'.

I have written a sample script in which I pop up the same window through the menu item of our tool.

When I run the script, the window is popped up but the recovery scenario is not getting invoked.

Note: I know this is not the best scenario which would call for a recovery mechanism. But since I am new to QTP, I want to learn how the recovery mechanism works.

Regards,
Amol
Not Solved
Hi,

Can anyone guide me how to start learning QTP scripting. I am new to this world of automation.

Thanks,
Sai.
Not Solved
Sai -
Please Do Not divert the original intention of the post. Kindly create a new post.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
which QTP version you are working on? If you can provide snapshot of each step that will help.

Not Solved
Version 10.0
Not Solved
Sai -
Please Restrain yourself from proceeding further on this Topic. Kindly open a new post.

Failure to do so will result in a Ban. The warning has been released.
Basanth
Not Solved
@Saisasidhar - As basanth already advised, please start a new thread for your question, mentioning the exact issue.
The question was for Amol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Video of a scenario shivangshah 0 1,140 01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: shivangshah
  Default recovery scenario TurtleRock 1 2,805 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  Edit Recovery Scenario skegler 0 3,107 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Last Post: skegler
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,128 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima
  Object State - Recovery Scenario vIns 1 4,067 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Ankesh