Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery Scenario
Not Solved
Hi All,

I just started using recovery scenario concept:

Here is what I did :
1) My application is built in .net and is a web based application.
2) In the attached screens : "Pop1" . This might occur depending on few conditions while I check any checkbox.
3) so I tried using recovery scenario to capture the dialog details.
4) But as you see in the screenshot : "recovery" Title and text are shown completely different to that of the original dialog window.

Was there anything I was missing??? Please provide some help

Thanks
Swetha

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
I think this is not a pop up window but a web page created as a modal dialog page making impression like a dialog window.
so in such case Pop up window trigger will not work. Not very sure but try using object state.

Not Solved
HI Saket,

I did try with the 'Object state' and QTP still doesnot seem to recognize the pop-up.
I put all the checkboxes in a loop and if any checkbox check throws this pop-up, QTP doesnt seem to do the trigger as described in the recovery scenario. Instead next check box is checked and loop continues so and so fore. I somewhere read in the QTP help files that in such a scenario the popup( object state) would be recognize once the check for all the checkboxes are done. But, in here after the loop is executed, next statement is executed without recovery check.

Code:
For i = 0 to 8

Set chkcheckbox = browser("TalonPro Solutions").Page("TalonPro Solutions").Frame("Frame").WebTable("Property").WebCheckBox("html tag:= INPUT","type:= checkbox","Index:="&i)
     chkcheckbox.Set "ON"

Next

End If

browser("TalonPro Solutions_2").Page("TalonPro Soalutions").Image("Next").Click

any help can be provided?

thanks
swetha
Not Solved
Hi Swetha

IN my next project I am working on dontnet and Vb applications which I never worked before. If possible, please do contact me @cul72guy@gmail.com. I can sure use your experience and knowledge to guide me in fulfilling my job responsibilities if you intend to help me out.

Thanks much
Regards
Sorry. wrong email addres. cul72guy@yahoo.com not gmail.

thanks
Not Solved
Hi azar80,

why dont you prefer to discuss the things here, so that it may be helpful for other also.

Not Solved
Hi saket,

I have installed QTP-AJAX support patch aslo. Thought this would detect the window/object. But, that was of no use. Anyother suggestion ?

Thanks
Swetha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Video of a scenario shivangshah 0 1,140 01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: shivangshah
  Default recovery scenario TurtleRock 1 2,805 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  Edit Recovery Scenario skegler 0 3,107 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Last Post: skegler
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,128 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima
  Object State - Recovery Scenario vIns 1 4,067 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Ankesh