Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery Scenario
Not Solved
Hello;

I'm struggling to find a solution to my problem since several days, could you please help me? I start using QTP just from 3 months.
I need to do the following.
(I'm in execution mode)

1- Detect that the user clicked on 'Stop' button.
2- Call a function.

NB: It's ok for step 2, but for the trigger event (step one) I don't know how to configure it.

If you have an other solution (not necessary the recovery scenario) it's ok for me too.

Thank you very much for your help
Not Solved
Hi,
U can simply handle this in ur code. Write a code to click on stop button and then call a function. If i am wrong then please elaborate ur requirement.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
Hello Sankalp;
Thank you for your response.
I think that I didn't explain well my issue.
The click on the stop button is not an event that I want to raise in my code but it's an event that I want to handle.

The scenario is the following
1- The user click on the Stop button (don't know when)
2- The code must detect this (and not do this) then call a function

Hope it's more clear now.
Thank you again for your supprt!
Not Solved
from what i understand, your problem can be solved if you block the keyboard and mouse input events all over...!! that way user would not be able to click any where on his own... ? please let me know if i too did not understand the problem correctly.
Not Solved
No I don't want to forbidden the user from clicking on this button, I need just to detect this event when he do this. Thanks again
Not Solved
well for this case then you can really go for recovery scenario and select object state, identify the object, select it's property which you want to have as trigger event and try if that works out for you?
Not Solved
This is what I aimed to do first, but was not able to select object in QTP it self :-(
Not Solved
please correct me if i'm wrong...

you are aiming to capture the QTP's Stop Execution button?
Not Solved
Yes, exactely!
Not Solved
i have extreme doubts that this would be possible... but i'd leave this matter for the experts here, they will be able to guide you better in this regard Smile
if you do find any solution, please do share this extremely valuable information Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Video of a scenario shivangshah 0 1,141 01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: shivangshah
  Default recovery scenario TurtleRock 1 2,805 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  Edit Recovery Scenario skegler 0 3,107 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Last Post: skegler
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,128 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima
  Object State - Recovery Scenario vIns 1 4,067 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Ankesh