Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Framework,.././
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi Ankur.. I am Veena...

I was selected to a company for preparing new test automation framework... I was asked to give my own ways of designing a frame work which should be scalable, reliable, economical, what not.. Frankly I am new to it... can you plz help me... in designing .. it would be very much helpful for me if you can give me some suggessions like how to start.. how to map.. etc., how to consider different sheets for requirements, test cases, suits and how to map them in an efficient way..

Atleast my job will be there if you could help me for this issue..

Thanks,
Veena
Veena -
Are you still looking for an answer? If you have already found one, I wont spend time explaining.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basant,

If you put it here, it will be useful for others also.

Regards,
SSVALI
Hi Basant,

Yes Basant,If you put it here, it will be useful for others person.

Regards,
Keerthi
Framework is a very essential part of test automation and is not explained in a word. It is a backbone which clearly defines rules and specifies how the automation should be designed.

Bin - Contains any of the executables aiding the automation.
Data
|--- Input - Test case sheet which contains configuration, test cases and functionalities, Data required for the test cases.
|--- Output - Contains the sheets which may be utilized for a dependent test case for next execution.
Library
|-- Generic - Ideally generic functions which are commonly used
|-- DataConnections - Database functions
|-- Reporting - Creating the reports and custom reporting
|-- AppFunc - Application workflow functions
Script - Contains the test script which reads from the input sheet.
Report - Contains the custom report generated for each test case execution.
Logs - Custom logs which captures each function execution for errors.
Snapshots - Appln failure snapshots.

The above is a short layout of an data driven approach framework which is scalable, controlled externally and not dependent on a tool. This should get you started and if you start building on this, in short time you would have reached half a skyscraper Smile.
Good Luck if you already still hold the job !!
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thank you so much and thanks for your time..