Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Searching Items
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi All,

I am working on a Desktop Application developed in Java Swing.

In a Search page, there is a JavaEdit box, where I am putting a value (Item No which is unique for each Record) from the DataTable and clicking on the "Search" button. It should fetch the particular "Record No" having the "Item No" I have searched by.

When I am doing it manually it works fine with one click of "Search" button.

But when I am doing it through QTP, after clicking "Search" button it fetches all the Records present in the system rather than the particular one though I am providing the Item No. To acheive the proper search through QTP, the "Search" button needs to be clicked twice.
When QTP clicks on the Search button for the first time it fetches all the records and when it clicks for next time it fetches the correct Record.

After providing the "Item No" in the JavaEdit, I have given 5 sec wait also so that the "Item No" is properly placed in the field.

Can anybody please come out with some Suggestions/Solutions ?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Prabhat,

As per the information given by you, manually it's working fine for one click.

Execute the script in debug mode & double check whether the "Item No" is properly entered before click.

It will be better if you use waitproperty instead of wait.

If it's still not working than it's really strange.
Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: get items of ControlTemplate robertosalemi 0 3,292 07-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  SwfList: unchecked all items robertosalemi 0 1,847 12-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  How to select the drop down option by searching for partial text Neetha 4 8,276 08-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Neetha
  Select Menu items shilpaS 1 6,749 06-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Object Spy not detecting items in C ICL AndyBSG 5 4,003 11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG