Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular expression in a recovery scenario
Not Solved
Hi, I am testing a flex application and get an error popup sometimes.
the title is 'Adobe Flash Player 10' and the text contains a big paragraph describing the error.
I am trying to set up a recovery scenario to press enter when this popup comes up. the popup has 2 buttons 'Dismiss All' and 'Continue'
i have 2 issues:
1. I used the hand pointer in the recov scenario manager to get the popup title. But it doesnt work when i run the test. So I want to set up a regular expression. i tried *Adobe* but it didnt work either.
2. For the actions to be taken, when i use the hand tool to point to continue button it registers as '&Continue'. so i just selected 'click default/enter' option. this doesnt work either.

please help me if anyone has any experience with dealing with such a popup. thanks. any help appreciated.
Not Solved
Hi,
I have a question for you, If the tiltle is keep changing, everytime you run, then only Regular Expression needs to be implemented.

and you do that as follows:
Replace [a-z] by an alphabet & [0-9] by a digit.

Thanks
Ramesh
Hi,
I have a question for you, If the tiltle is keep changing, everytime you run, then only Regular Expression needs to be implemented.

and you do that as follows:
Replace alphabet by [a-z] & digit by [0-9].

Thanks
Ramesh
Not Solved
Ramesh - Please do not post information you have. It will be appropriate if you answer the question. The above post is a mere reply with a misleading answer.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Pranjal,

Use the below regular Expression Patterns, both will work for your window title issue.

Code:
sPattern1 = "Adobe.*"

Code:
sPattern2 = "Adobe\x20(\w+)"

Thanks,
Azeem
Not Solved
Thank you for your replies. I will try them and update about my results.
Not Solved
i tried using these reg exp:
sPattern1 = "Adobe.*"

sPattern2 = "Adobe\x20(\w+)"
But none worked.
Even when I explicitly add this line:
Recovery.Activate
it does not activate the scenario.

other recov scenarios dealing with windows dialog work fine. It is just this one that doesn't.
I am attaching an image of the popup.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks a lot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Any digit in xpath path using Regular expression Priyam 1 3,263 10-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Regular expression to read two words in lowercase, uppercase and with and without spa sarahq49 1 3,211 04-09-2015, 01:56 AM
Last Post: sarahq49
  Regular expression and script optimisation Padmavathy 1 3,618 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Regular expression in descriptive programming testernc 1 16,403 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: anshika.agarwal
  need a regular expression. anu05446 0 3,029 11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: anu05446