Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources Tab has disappeared.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I am running automation scripts which has library files added in the Resources tab. Now I have noticed that the "Resources" tab has disappered.I have tried the same in 2 machines, but the issue is same in both the machines. Sometimes ,I do get "Catastrophic failure" too.

Please suggest any solution.
Hi SweetyChowdhury, would you mind pasting a snapshot?

Hi,
Next time you encounter this issue try the following:
1. Right Click on the QTP Menu Tool Bar (one with File, Edit, View ...... options) and select 'Customize...'
2. In the Customize Dialog Box, navigate to 'ToolBar' Tab and Click on 'Restore All' button. Click Close and check if the resources tab is available.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
MV
hey MV, are you sure the solution you provided is correct for the issue mentioned. I think not, the solution is for getting back the menu options back if they disappeared and the cureent issue is referring to resource tab at settings. I dont think this will solve the problem.
@Sweety - Please confirm if your issue has been resolved.

I think it can be done by:
navigate to Tools >> Options >> General >> At thi point click on "Restore LayOut" button.
Saket, Pls lemme know if i am wrong.
I dont think so, Restore layout betton at General tab in Option restores the layout of QTP IDE like if you have resized panes window etc. I think there is something else causing this issue. Still let Sweety reply if any of these solved the problem.

Hi Saket,

Few months back i faced same kind of problem while i was deploying Custom objects created using Web Extensibility Accelerator.For me few of the other options were also not displayed. I followed the same approach and it worked for me.(Not able to find out root cause though).

~Thanks
Rajeshwar.
Hi Saket,
We have encountered the same issue in the past. Resources tab under file >settings is linked to the menu option Resources > Associated Function Libraries. Hence if the menu options are missing then we tend to see issues. Hope this explains.

Thanks
MV
OK, Sounds good. Thanks for this.
hope this helped to sweetychaudhry as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Resources, Information Pane, Debug Viewer, Run time Data Table not visible Aurodeepta 3 6,756 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Aurodeepta
  Close Tab Recognizes GetROProperty. WHY??? Ayesha 5 3,774 07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Settings Resources tab missing ppsqtp 0 2,391 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ppsqtp
  Recovery Scenario tab disabled on Business Components Ravi_Chandra 0 2,419 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Ravi_Chandra
  Application crashes on clicking a particular tab sandhyach 0 2,344 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: sandhyach