Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrieve pwd of Administrator and give it as input?
Not Solved MyBB 
HI,

if you goto-->My computer-->rightclick-->manage-->Computer Management-->Local Users and Groups-->

You will find list of users with name , full name and Description
In this list of Users- Administrator is one user.

Now i want to retrieve this user pwd and give as an input to the cmd prompt where it asks for this user pwd.

This pwd is different for different machines (computers) and i want to retrieve and give as input. Becoz my script has to do that. I have a cmd window and i need to give pwd as input

How can i do this? please help me. I dont understand how to even approach.?

Thanks
Not Solved
Reading the password from the Local User Group screen will not help because that is not the password, just a representation....it's not necessarily even the correct length. If the Network Admin feels comfortable with you having the Admin password, then ask for it and use it in your script otherwise my recommendation would be to have your Network Admin create a username/password just for your script with Administrative priviledges if you need it.

Probably not much help, but I hope it gets you started on a solution.
Not Solved
Well, if i have to ask and just do it, then i would have not put this question.

when you goto-->Start-->Administrator Tools-->Admin.cmd
a window appears. This window will ask for admin pwd.

Now i am doing a script for this window. Now each system will have different pwds. I know my admin pwd so i would enter. But this should happen dynamically. The user doesn't know the pwd but when he runs this script it must be able to execute and go to next window. Every system has different admin pwd. I cant keep track of all the pwds.

I just want to know
if there is any way to dynamically enter pwds while extracting it from the system.?? Or
can we put some Regular Expression so that the pwds in that range are accepted? All systems(Computers) Have certain criteria of pwd restriction. So how can i implement this???

This is what i want to know. PLease some help me. Atleast let me know if there is any solution or am i blindling trying this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to input Japanese Character through UFT Alaguraja 0 789 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Alaguraja
  Error as Global Not defined while trying to retrieve value from Datatable siddharth1609 0 851 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Last Post: siddharth1609
  Cannot retrieve Native property JeL 1 915 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: JeL
  How to get input from the user in QTP? shanthiK 10 18,101 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  To retrieve content of a WEBEDIT object alpha1 2 2,417 06-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: vinod123