Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Run error on properly running script
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,
I am a beginnner to qtp.Baffling over a problem that a script contains the login username and password as first two lines of code.Now i have been running it quite often but suddenly the problem has occurred that while running this script, the username and password are not entered into the textboxes even after taking a lot of time. And ultimately gives the error "Cannot find the "username" object's parent "SSO LOGIN" (class Browser). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application".

Can you please explain why this error even though it was runnning properly earlier?
Have you tried to highlight the object from the repository just to ensure nothing changed at the properties end?
Else there are several probable reasons begining from addins not being selected to application which should never open first before qtp to multiple instances of the same application being open.
Anything which helped you ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for your reply.Smile
You were right, appropriate addins were not loaded when the qtp was launched.By the way, is there any way, by which we can get to know what addins are required for a particular application.Because in my case, since it was a web application so i had loaded only web addin but now i suppose some more addins were required.so is there a way out?
Well, I would always go with the basic add-ins being checked by default. I see no harm in them. However, if your application has different other plug-ins, like a mixture of both javascript and .net then you have to really make a choice. However, if you are very much concerned with the loading of add-ins based on a particular case then yes AOM is the right way.

Using AOM, you can programatiically load add-ins based on your requirement.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi,

I am also beginner to QTP. What it is AOM and how one can dynamically requlate it?

Thanks,
Subha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 323 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  How do you Change Run mode mid script? Caleytown 6 6,506 03-25-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: RB26578
  error when executing an UFT automation script alexalloza 0 1,384 10-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: alexalloza
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,636 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Script running twice SacJoshi 0 2,062 11-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SacJoshi