Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running QTP Scripts from QC, QTP not responding
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all
I am executing QTP scripts from QC, but when I select Run Test Set, QTP opens up, opens IE7, and then freezes after that, does anyone know how to fix this problem, the worst part is that occurs intermitently.
Hi,
This May occur because of one of the below Issues
1.Login Session Issue
2.If OR and Descriptive both were used in script.

For 1st one, Restart the PC and try again.
for 2nd one, Create a sample script with only one either OR or Desriptive and try running from QC. It shouold work

Thanks
VENKATA
Hi VenkatReddy,

I am sorry to disagree with the 2nd one, though we used both OR and DP we won't face such issues.

Hey, there are certain things we should look in to before starting the debugging or execution.

1) Whether all the resource paths are correct ( Library, OR, envi...etc)
2) Are we releasing each and every object created with in the scripts without fail?
(If not it will consume the system memory and it may show some of the adverce effects.)
3) Run "QuickTestProfessional.bat" located in "QTP installed dir\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin" whenever you are starting the batch execution or faced the above situation.

Thanks,
QTPKing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue in running Scripts on Edge browser Deepa_m 0 1,534 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Deepa_m
  Code to run all QTP scripts and see all results Pkapoor 11 16,857 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ravi
  AOM script is running only one or two scripts. jramya 4 3,833 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: jramya
  Not able to edit existing scripts in QTP 11 prit deo 1 3,715 02-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Running QTP scripts while host computer is locked jreelest 5 7,710 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Anand Saboo