Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running scripts on a unlocked remote desktop, when your system is locked
Not Solved
Hi,

I would like to run regression on a remote desktop every night after the build. I am planning to schedule a vbscript in the windows scheduler which will start Quality center in the remote desktop and then run the scripts from there.

My question is, will it affect the execution, if the remote desktop is unlocked, but my laptop from which I remoted in, locks after some time. Both my laptop and the remote desktop has Windows XP.

Please let me know if you have done this or have ran regression as batch in any other way.

Thank you!

Not Solved
That shouldnt be a problem with Windows XP, it worked fine this way for me. But make sure that you dont minimize ur remote desktop while running the script or lock your regression machine, this sometimes fails to recognize objects and gives "Objects not found error"
Not Solved
If ur laptop gets locked then it won't be a problem but make sure that ur remote machine dosen't get locked.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
Thanks for the responses. For some reason, HP is not officially supporting this solution, and the representatives say that this might cause problems. I will give it a try and keep you posted of the outcome.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,058 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,054 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,804 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  Running QTP scripts without QC sowjanya 3 5,927 07-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  System work slow with UFT 12.02 elyanivson 0 2,686 02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: elyanivson