Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAPGuiUtil.Autologon method fails
Not Solved Exclamation 
Hello all.

I use this command in order to automatically logon to the local SAP installed on the machine.
The SAP version is 7.10.
Code:
SAPGuiUtil.AutoLogon SAP_ENV, "400", SAP_USER, SAP_PSWD, "EN"

This command worked fine when the user's password was 6 characters long.
Now, SAP policies have changed and an 8 character password is required.

This command now, fails to enter anything to the password field.
Cannot find anything that configures this.

Please assist anyone with an idea about this.

Thanks!!
Not Solved
Hi

I am facing exactly the same problem in my environment. After the password policy changed from 6 to 8 characters, the QTP scripts are no longer working. I have tried to debug the script and it reaches to the point where the SAPGuiUtil command is invoked and the SAP Gui comes up, but the parameters passed through the command are not populated on the Login and Password fields.

Kindly help!

Regards
anand7um
Not Solved
Use the UFT password encoder for your 6 letter password and paste the encoded long string to your SAP AUTOLOGIN function.
This has worked for me.
Other option is to completely record the PASSWORD INSERTION portion to your script (and only that portion) and then place it after your user-name.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Click after CheckProperty to a WebElement passed via Function argument fails naruoga 0 1,024 02-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: naruoga
  Test that works in QTP fails in QC msacks 0 1,920 12-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Last Post: msacks
  QTP 11 - CreateFolder fails to create folder in shared network drive from Windows 7 Pallavi 3 3,399 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  QTP tutorial fails systematically cleparlouer 1 2,471 04-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Testicated
  How to continue test after it fails a step sqadri 4 4,338 01-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: sqadri