Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOA testing
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Can someone confirm if SOA testing is an add-in to QTP or a seperate set of applications from HP (HP Service Test, HP Service Manager, HP Systinet)? I know the other SOA application have many different functions, for the moment I am only interested in QA testing for SOA and I am very confused on what I need to purchase. I currently have QTP 9.5 with addins for VB, .NET, ActiveX, Web Services, java, Web, WPF. I believe the Web Services Addin can do some testing of SOA, but is that all I would need?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

Yes. Web services is an add- in and available for QTP9.5 too.
It entirely depends on the level of testing that you would like to do with QTP and web services.
70- 80% of the needs to do automated testing with webservice oriented architecture can very well performed by this add- in as it is very flexible and can be scripted well.

For doing performance testing of web services I would say use C# dot net (along with threading to hit the webservices multiple times with multiple users) and build an application which can act as your performace benchmark for the SOA.

Hope this is useful.