Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample Flight Application does not record scripts
Not Solved
Hi,
Im using Windows 7 proff 64 bit,qtp 11.0.I'm trying to record scripts for sample flight applications.
It brings up the login page and once i enter the username and password the window disappears.After that the window does not show up ,even in the task bar the application doesnt show as running.
Changed record and run settings,checked the add-ins,tried disabling firewall...still no show.I also have checked the option where it says allow other HP products to run tests and components.
BTW i even unistalled and reinstalled qtp.
Kindly suggest,this very IMP.
PD29
Not Solved
for qtp to run in windows 7 64 bit you should install the patch and run qtp it should solve the problem even though problem occurring reinstall qtp
Not Solved
Hi,
Which patch do you suggest?

Hi,
Which patch do you suggest?
Not Solved
I did notice something today.When i right click on the sample application Flight and run it as an administrator it performs all the functions but QTP doesnt record it.I'm now using IE9.

I have downloaded the patch recommended for IE9 QTPWEB_00078.Still doesnt work.

I'm assuming there is some setting which i need to change in order for QTP to record the scripts.

Please Please suggest...i have been struggling for sometime now.
Not Solved
Are you talking about Windows based or web based flight reservation application?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
[quote='Ankur' pid='24468' dateline='1370682505']
Are you talking about Windows based or web based flight reservation application?
[/quote='PD 29']
I'm using the windows based flight application.

[quote='Ankur' pid='24468' dateline='1370682505']

[/quote='PD29']
I am talking about the windows based flight reservation application.I have also installed MS access since i read it in a blog that the sample flight application works on MS Access as DB.
When i type systemutil.run,i can choose the path but when i try to run it,qtp would not execute it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app
Not Solved
There is no relation between IE and windows based FR application. Please check if you have proper admin permissions on your machine and also UAC is turned off in Windows 7.
Not Solved
[quote='Ankur' pid='24471' dateline='1370690953']
There is no relation between IE and windows based FR application. Please check if you have proper admin permissions on your machine and also UAC is turned off in Windows 7.
[/quote='pd29']
I do have admin rights and i have turned off the UAC on win 7.
This doesnt get any better now,almost 10 days and i'm still struggling.

Paralley i'm unable to install ALM 11.0,client side on win 7 64 bit.
Any suggestions please,i do fulfill the conditions for pre-requisities.
Not Solved
If it is for such a long time you've been struggling, I guess you should try to re-image your machine and install QTP from scratch. Can't really say what is causing the issue. Any DB etc that you mentioned above are automatically installed during QTP installation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,554 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  UFT 12.53 trial version not recognizing its sample flight application login/password NehaRB 2 3,619 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pradeep537
  Path of Flight reservation Window is not recorded in HP UFT 12.52 version mailtokopalverma@gmail.com 1 2,398 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,326 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ
  Not able to record Airline Application (sample) bundled with QTP Atul 1 3,530 10-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Atul