Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduling a run in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago At 
Hello,

I need to know if there is way i can schedule a run schedule in QTP for specific time even before i come into the office. I want the summary of the test results to be sent to me email address.
Please let me know if that is possible in QTP. If it isn't possible, is there a way to schedule a run in Quality Center for automatically schedule a test for 6AM without me having to set up a time for it to run the day before?

Please help!!
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

You can do that in two ways:

if you don't have QC:
Use WIndows scheduler: go to start > all prgms > accessories > scheduled tasks > here you place the .vbs file which contains the script to launch qtp and open required qtp script and run(here you can mention daily or weekly...etc)

if you have QC:
Using QC > TEST LAB > TEST SET > EXECUTION GRID > give the required date,time and schedule it

Try from your end..and let me know
thank you for your response. Can you provide me with the script to launch qtp? I don't know how to generate that script.

I am able to schedule tests in QC but i can only do it once. I want to set it up so the runs are recurring every weekday at 6 AM. With QC i have to set up the day before daily for the test to run the following morning.
Hi Sreekanth,
After much time spent i came across your post. it would be very helpful if you can help me.

I've a windows scheduler which kickoff QTP & perfom some validations on daily basis. It works pretty good when user login/lock the server. But EOD when user logoff nightly operations scheduled are not working & QTP while launching throws error.

Doesn't QTP work if user logoff server?Sad
Folks,
I've been using the VBS script that let's you directly call out tests and have emails sent via the Summary Results email settings within QC. As far as logging out of your system, try installing DameWare and logging into the machine. It works wonders.
Fred

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error is scheduling a QTP Test sqadri 1 2,388 03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Scheduling the execution of automated scripts adpbinu 1 2,610 03-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Saket
  scheduling of a batch run rajmc 1 2,195 09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Saket
  Scheduling QTP Scripts from QTP sagar 1 2,208 11-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Last Post: niranjan