Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Crash
Not Solved
When I try to open a script I get an 'unexpected file format' message and I cannot open it. I did not do anything to cause this crash. I played around with the smart object identifier and then I did not want the changes to be saved so I closed out of the script. When I tried to open it again I got that message. Is there a way to restore the script?
Not Solved
Same Computer? Testfile at the same location as before?

I got this error in the past. I copied the files (recorded under a computer with XP installed) to the wrong directory. Under Vista you have a folder "Programs\HP\Quicktest Professional\Tests" and a folder "Username\Documents\HP\Quicktest Professional\Tests".

It seems that QTP don't likes it, if you copy the files to the wrong folder.
As i copied the files to the "Tests"-folder in "Documents", the 'unexpected file format'-error no longer occours.

A little bit strange, but the main thing is: Now it works. Wink
Not Solved
Hi,
I did not copy anything or change anything. Everything was on my C drive and today I cannot open it. I don't quite understand what you are telling me to do if anything. Please explain.
Thanks,
Anna
Not Solved
In my case the error occours after copying the script to another pc.
I copied the scripts to "C:\Programs\HP\Quicktest Professional\Tests\".
Then the error occours.
Then i saw the other folder and i copied the scripts from "C:\Programs\HP\Quicktest Professional\Tests" to "Username\Documents\HP\Quicktest Professional\Tests\".
That was the solution for my problem.

If you haven't change anything, i've no idea how to help you. The error has another reason in your case. Sorry. Sad
Not Solved
Anyone else out there had the same thing happen to them?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting QTP Crash balajireddy1980 1 2,844 11-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
  QTP engine crash rashmsrit 0 1,775 09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Last Post: rashmsrit
  QTP causing Internet Explore crash helen 2 4,410 07-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Last Post: manumace111