Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script not working on 2 machines the same way
Not Solved
I am having an issue where I have just received a new copy of QTP for my local machine. The machine that I was scripting on is where my test works. There is a soft-cert that is loaded in both environments that is needed for the test. It appears in the list of certs in both environments when the test is run, but the machine that the test was recorded on finds the cert in the list and continues with the test where as my machine with the new QTP license gets the to the list of certs and for whatever reason has an issue where it will not pick the cert out of the list even though it is there. What would be causing this? How can I fix this?

Attached is the error that I am getting, in case that can help at all!

Attached Files
.doc   QTP Cert Issue.doc (Size: 32.5 KB / Downloads: 84)
Not Solved
Can anyone give me any direction with this issue? I have even tried to record a script on the machine that does not seem to be working correctly. It recorded everything just fine, but still cannot find the soft cert when I try to run the script I just recorded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not Solved
try this
1. go to object repository with your AUT open and try to highlight the object the error occurs.
2. Check th object repository and identify any parameter that is causing QTP to not to identify your object.
3. check/compare all the add-ins loaded on both the machines, see if you missing anything.

Not Solved
Saket,

I have checked the Add-ins on both machines. I actually have more on my local machine. I have all of the ones from the old machine plus a few more. I have unchecked the extra ones to make them the same for right now.

I compared the object repository on both machines and they look identical for the object that is causing issues. There are no parameters for this test, it is a constant that is not working.

It just seems odd to me that I am having so many differences between machines. The old machine is picking up tab clicks, but the new one is not. I am not sure why these are happening.

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!
Not Solved
I am still having this issue with the 2 machines not working in the same way. Can anyone suggest/recommend any other things to try/look at??
Not Solved
I wanted to get some more specifics so that hopefully someone will be able to help .....

I have 2 different QTP licenses, but I cannot seem to do the same things on both licenses. I have checked the add-ins and they are the same, in fact the license that does not seem to be working as well as has more add-ins then the one that seems to be working correctly.

Let me try to be more specific:
Computer A - This is on a different machine. It has the following Add-Ins installed on it: ActiveX, Java, Oracle, Visual Basic, and Web. This machine will record javascript tab clicks. It will also find a soft cert that is loaded onto it.

Computer B - This is my local machine. It has the following Add-Ins installed on it: .NET, ActiveX, Java, Oracle, SAP, Visual Basic, Web, and WPF. This machine does not record when I click on a javascript tab and it cannot seem to find the soft cert that is loaded.

I need to get Computer B working as Computer A is so that I can use just one machine to get my work done. I have tried comparing settings and as far as I can tell they all match, but I feel like I am missing something.

Can someone please help me?!
Not Solved
Please check IE version and settings on both machines.
Not Solved
The IE version on both machines is 6. I have compared the settings as well, as you asked, and there were a few different on Computer B from Computer A, so I made it so they are exactly the same now. I will see if that makes a difference.

But the other issue is that even QTP is not always working on Computer B, so the whole problem is not IE. Any other ideas?
Not Solved
What error does QTP give?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problems with remote machines locking or going to sleep usha gowda 3 3,516 10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
Sad How do I record objects from two differnt machines using QTP sudhirtakale 1 1,806 05-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Pause through script is not working kp.naravi 2 2,434 06-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Last Post: kp.naravi
  run .exe file without QTP software in our machines anees 1 2,990 04-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Last Post: niranjan