Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scroll Browser to display Specific Row in WebTable
Solved: 5 Years, 10 Months, 1 Week ago
I am working with UFT 12.53 on a web application.
I have a script where I dynamically add a new record to a web table that initially appears as the last row of the table.
Since this is a static position I need no assistance here.

However, the list is resorted alphabetically and my recently added record is repositioned. I then go in edit and expire the same record and now I need to determine its positioning. I have no issue selecting the row but the table is not paginated so the row may or may not be in view .

I wish to get the x,y coordinates of a cell on the specified row in order to scroll the browser and ensure the row is in view before executing a bitmap capture for reporting.

Any ideas?

ID/ Description /Code /Effective Date                  /Expiry Date                /OOS /Office /Field /Counted 
77/AutoTest    /AT    /2018-05-25T16:33:29.653 /2018-05-31T01:18:18 /ON    /ON    /ON   /ON            Edit Button   Expire Button
Here are some ideas for your case.

#1 Choose a unique value in the row which you are concerned about. Then using a loop try to find if that value exist on the first page, if it exists your job is done. If it doesn't, simply click on the paginated link and run loop over it.

#2 Find out if you can disable pagination in your application OR if for testing purposes you can increase the number of records that appear in your test instance 'view'.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
(06-14-2018, 10:26 PM)Ankur Wrote: Here are some ideas for your case.

#1 Choose a unique value in the row which you are concerned about. Then using a loop try to find if that value exist on the first page, if it exists your job is done. If it doesn't, simply click on the paginated link and run loop over it.

#2 Find out if you can disable pagination in your application OR if for testing purposes you can increase the number of records that appear in your test instance 'view'.

Thanks Ankur,

Issue was resolved by disabling Internet Options->Advanced->Browsing->Smooth Scrolling
Good to know your issue is solved now.

Also, thanks for the solution, it may help someone in future with similar problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing System Display Setting and Resolution using UFT or VB script or any code srikanthbura 0 2,422 09-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Last Post: srikanthbura
  Obtaining sub-row (or band) information within an Infragistics Grid num1g8rfan 1 3,084 07-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Staff
  Retrieve row number from web table amilar 1 2,964 06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Surya
  QTP 11 is Machine specific ? Bala8290 0 2,265 04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Bala8290
  move up or down scroll bar of window in unix environment kkk 1 3,170 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban