Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search All Test scripts For a Function?
Not Solved
Guessing this one is going to be very simple but I can't seem to find it anywhere!

I have created several scripts now, all in the same directory.

There's been a couple of occasions where i've renamed a function or i've written a bit of code in a script then realised that I need the same code in another script but can't remember which script I did it in.

This has forced me to manually check all my scripts to find the references to the relevant fucntion or code. Is there an option in QTP to let me search through ALL of my scripts for a certain text string?

For example, I know I created a script that uses a variable called 'strTelNumber' and I know that variable only appears in one script but I don't know what the script's called so can I just search my entire script library for that string?
Not Solved
As per my knowledge we don't have any such feature in QTP/UFT. However you can develop a program by your self to meet this this requirement.
Finding Text:
Just read through the .mts files in the directly and find the text in each file

Functions List:
Go through all .mts files and read the lines start with "Function " (don't forget to use ltrim)

Please let me know if you need any more help on this.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CyberArk CorePAS REST API to search for accounts pramod 0 551 06-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: pramod
  Calling a function in a Test Script from a function library anupam4j 3 5,908 06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Last Post: babu123
  QTP is not recognizing Function Library Path associated to the test AshokReddy 2 3,960 12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Last Post: AshokReddy
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,839 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  Search for a string in all the files under all subdirectory Mahesh27 1 2,045 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Sathiya