Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting values from drop down using QTP.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi There
I want to select all the values one by one and select one value from the drop down list.So How can I write the code for the particular?
As I have written the code as
Code:
Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").Select "somevalue1"
Which will select that particular value from the list but I want to check with all the values and select one from them.

Thanks
In Advance.
Is this what you are looking at?

Code:
StrAllItems = Split(Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").GetRoProperty("All Items"),";")

For intCounter = Lbound(strAllItems) to Ubound(strAllItems)
   If Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").GetItem(intCounter) = "SomeValue" Then
            Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").Select (intCounter)
            Exit For
          Else
              msgbox "value not found...Please write a reporter event for this"
         End If      

Next

Or

Code:
iTemCount = Split(Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").GetRoProperty("Items Count")

For intCounter = 0 to iTemCount - 1
        If Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").GetItem(intCounter) = "SomeValue" Then
            Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").Select (intCounter)
            Exit For
          Else
              msgbox "value not found...Please write a reporter event for this"
         End If      

Next
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hello basanth27,
This Code is not working for me. It shows "The statement contains one or more invalid function arguments." in this line
Code:
Browser("...:=...").Page("..:=..").Frame("..:=..").WebList("..:=..").GetItem(intCounter) = "SomeValue"

So, please help ASAP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to verify the drop down values based on condition santhoshmscsoftware 1 2,710 05-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP not selecting appropriate webelement from the webtable..Need Solution satishkumarm 11 21,040 03-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  Drag and drop issue excellentpawan123 0 2,595 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  Drop down list class is a link thotamurali 2 3,962 08-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: thotamurali
Question How to do the QTP drag and drop between two different java objects? ioanaalm 4 7,712 05-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123