Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
Can we use QTP for server automation.If you have any helpful link,pls
post it.

Thank You
Uma
Hi Uma

what are you trying to automate? If you are planning to run something on server, it should contain QTP on it or you can integrate your code with QC and can run from anywhere by configuring it to run on any machine which has the compatible version of QTP on it.

-Geetha
Hi Geetha,

Thanks for the brief detail.
I have a rets server which has data in it.I have QTP in the same machine.(all our sys are having QTP)
I have 3 different type of functionality in the server page.
My Lead asked me to write configurable scripts for that fuctionlaity that I can from any machine.
If you have any helpful links pls post it.
Thanks for your time.
Uma

Hi Geetha,
I checked QTP integeration With QC,Really helpful.
I did webapplication automation and I am new to this server side automation.What is the main difference between Webapplication/Server side Automation?
How to prepare configurable Scripts?Is it same as like webapplication Scripts?
give me some hint.
Thank you
Uma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,641 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  qtp server shipu 1 1,967 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Access Server via Citrix through QTP? debsoumen.in 0 2,825 12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: debsoumen.in
  Does QTP work on Windows 2003 Server Andrew.Stockdale 1 4,554 10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  What are the ways to store qtp script (External device - server, doc, excel file....) hisekhar 4 4,679 10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Saket