Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Identification
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I have two links in my test script with same name as Advanced QTP but other properties like html id , html tag etc are different.
I got the output for the first link only. Even though i have enabled the smart identification it didnt get enabled and the OR didnot identify the second link.Can anyone please help me.

Warm Regards,
Swetha.
Intresting. Why would you need smart identifcation iF the html tag and id are different? On the OR add the links with their html id or tag as one of the identification properties. Next try to higlight the objects from the OR. Per your description should work.
If you have tried any code please paste, would be really helpful to understand further.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi..

Thanks Basanth for your reply.I got the solution .Ordinal Identifier is recognizing the objects .
Nice to know the issue is resolved. however, on a side note, i would suggest you use smart identification as the last resort. It comes at a cost of resource hog, execution time lag and not a fool-proof method.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi..
Thanks for your valuable information Basanth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart Identification Pooja_19 0 1,421 06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Pooja_19
  QTP invoke the Smart identification to identify the browser object SarodeGirish 1 7,039 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Last Post: sreekanth chilam