Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed issues on script execution (First Post)
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi

I've written a script which sets a timing variable and records how long it takes to get to specific points in the script. It works fine on the PC that I wrote the script on, but on two other PCs, the execution of the script is so slow moving from line to line, it is throwing out the results by a significant margin.

Anyone got any ideas why the script should be running so slowly on comparible PCs - same spec and more importantly how I can resolve this.

Here's a snippet of the code:

Code:
Browser("Process Workplace").Page("Process Workplace_2").WbfGrid("ctl00_cpMainContent_ucWorkItem").ClickCell 5,4

StartTime = Time()

'Keep looping until the load process has completed.
Do Until Browser("Process Workplace_2").Page("Process Workplace").Frame("formframe").WebElement("Underwriting WorkflowcloseLoad").GetROProperty("height") = 0
Loop

'Record Times.
LoadCompletionTime = Time()
TimeToLoad = DateDiff("S", StartTime, Time())
Many thanks from a first time poster!

Martin :-)
Can you check the below post? This might help!!

https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-Q...and-Tricks

Regards,
Ankesh
Hi Ankesh

Sadly I had already gone through all of the settings suggested by Rajpes before I found this excellent forum.

1. Don't Load unwanted add-ins
2. Run Mode = Fast
3. Disable Active Screen
4. Get rid of movie results and images.
5. Don't use a recovery scenario
6. (As it happens, I am deliberately dumping the sheet on each iteration, but this wouldn't affect the speed that QTP takes to jump from line to line.)

Thanks though!
Martin
Okay... There may be two more reasons to it.

1. System Performance
2. Object Repository Size. If OR size is Huge, QTP takes more time to load the objects.

I am not aware of any more reasons for the slow performance. Someone else from the forum can help.

Regards,
Ankesh
Thanks again.

Definitely struggling here though.

System performance is comparible as the clients that it works on are the same as the clients it works slowly on.

It's actually a very small script with an equally small repository.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to catch the script execution when QTP scripts are executed from command line Sreeni.lutukurthy 0 2,685 03-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Sreeni.lutukurthy
  vb script to stop execution of functions if conditions fail visitjaga 1 7,124 12-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  How To pick up the particular mail in Post Login Gmail page and click on Checkbox akhandesh 0 2,691 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
At Post results directly to QC QTPScripter 0 1,958 02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: QTPScripter
Exclamation Web Service issue when HTTP Post disabled NeilJester 3 3,529 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Saket