Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Things happing with QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I am running my Script remotely in other machine...

QTP and My broser both are in same machine and I am runing script there.

There a is window pop up will appear, I need to fill the UN and Pasword and click OK(Win Button). if you open the RD connection and run the script , is working fine and clicking the OK -winButton.

RUn the script and close the RD session... It is able enter the value on the window but it is not clicking the OK button. I tried in always using discriptive program also. No result.

SAme with the capture bitmap -- close the session and and run the script it capturing a black screen.

If any one faced these type of problems and have any solution please let me know. I structed up here not able to run the night sessions.

With Reagrds
Tulasi Vamshiram
HI Guys

I got the answer for this Question

it is a well known issue. When you use Remote Desktop (mstsc or mstsc /console), if you close or sometimes even minimize your remote session window, QTP is not going to work as expected.
You can, however, resize that window and keep it aside on your desktop and continue to work on your local box. That would work fine.

If you absolutely have to close your session, then I advise you install the free ultraVNC (www.ultravnc.com) 1.0.2 client software on your local box and server software on the remote box and use it to connect. That way, you can minimize, close do whatever with that session and it will still work.
Good Info...Very useful

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP vbscript ArrayList strange behavior frankhovin 2 2,832 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Parke
  Strange behave with web table linhke 2 2,259 10-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Last Post: cdesserich