Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subject: How to validate Graphs through QTP
Not Solved
Hi,
I am working with the application for which validation of Graphs is required. Application generates Graph in 2 ways one is in application itself and another in a format of PDF or Excel.

For Graph which gets generated in application while trying to identify the properties through QTP spy it's identifying the whole graph as a WebElement.

For Graph which gets generated in Excel format while trying to identify the properties through QTP spy it's identifying the whole graph as a WinObject.

Graphs get generated based on some data so once the data gets changed, Graph also changes accordingly.
We have tried the Bitmap checkpoint to validate but due to dynamic behavior of Graph it didn't work.
Please let me know if there is any way to validate the graphs through QTP

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu
Not Solved
Hi Venkat ,

There might not be any built in solution within QTP to handle your use case , but i think you can create a Custom Bitmap comparer to compare your graphs for a range of values , since the Graph changes each time based on the value check whether you can validate the use case with less graphs so that you can create an algorithim only for those values.

Regards,
Balaji

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to validate mandatory filed (*) in web application using balak89 1 3,965 09-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
Smile Need to validate a .txt file and .jpeg image. aman8604 0 2,106 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Last Post: aman8604
Sad Validate New Employee Creation hello_sanjay 0 1,810 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Last Post: hello_sanjay
  how to validate all lebel object in a table niketa 1 2,702 10-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Can we validate series plotted on tee chart excellentpawan123 0 1,834 10-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: excellentpawan123